There are two things I must have every New Year's Eve: a lot of glitter, sparkles and shine, and a cheesecake. Even if I'm just sitting at home with my husband and puppy, you better believe I'm decked out in a sequined top with a big slice of this NY-inspired cheesecake on my plate. That's why I decided to pair my love for sparkles with my love for thick, mile-high cheesecake into one seriously glamorous dessert.
Not only is this cheesecake topped with plenty of edible sparkles, glitz and gold sprinkles, but they're actually mixed into the crust and the batter too! That means every bite is loaded with enough shine to satisfy any sprinkle lover's heart. Now the real problem with this is stopping yourself after one slice so you don't pop the button off that sequined party dress.
New Year's Eve New York-style glittery cheesecake recipe
Adapted from Handle the Heat
If you're a glitzy, sprinkle-loving girl like me, then this cheesecake is for you! Made with rich cream cheese, Greek yogurt (for a tangy twist) and a ton of gold sprinkles and sparkles, this may be your very best party accessory for any NYE party you attend.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 25 minutes | Inactive time: 4-6 hours | Total time: 7 hours 45 minutes
For the crust
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup gold sprinkles
For the filling
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (full-fat works best)
- 1 cup 4 percent plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla for extra flavor)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup gold sprinkles and flakes
For the topping
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Gold sprinkles, for garnish
- To make the crust, beat together the flour, sugar, honey, egg, butter and gold sprinkles until a soft dough forms. Grease a springform pan (or large pie plate) with nonstick cooking spray, and dust with a little flour.
- Press the shortbread crust into the pan with a spatula until smooth. Prick the top with a fork (to avoid inflating).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the heat, and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the sprinkles and gold flakes. Beat another 3 to 4 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 5 to 10 minutes or until browned on the edges and solid. Let cool for about 10 minutes, and then place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for at least 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, top the cheesecake with whipped cream, spreading it a bit with a spatula. Garnish with additional sprinkles, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More glamorous party desserts
Dessert fondue for two
Colorful candy funfetti dessert bowls
Avocado, chocolate and almond trifle