Whether you're pregnant, choose not to imbibe or simply want a cheaper fancy drink, these virgin cocktails are right up your alley.
Since so many of my friends and I are pregnant this holiday season, I've been put in charge of coming up with fun and festive alcohol-free cocktails so we can still enjoy having drinks at our holiday parties.
Both the blue Christmas and mango Bellini mocktails are sweet, punchlike recipes, while the virgin cranberry mojito and pomegranate spritzer are more on the tart side.
Blue Christmas mocktail recipe
This alcohol-free cocktail gets its color from Berry Blue Kool-Aid powder. The only store I was able to find the powder in was Walmart, but if you can't find any, then you can add a few drops of blue food coloring and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice instead.
Total time: 2 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon Berry Blue Kool-Aid powder
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 2 cups Sprite
- 2 cups ice
- Put the Kool-Aid powder into a pitcher, and stir in the pineapple juice, white grape juice and Sprite.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice, and pour the mocktail over the ice.
Alcohol-free mango Bellini recipe
This virgin Bellini uses sparkling apple cider instead of Champagne for a sweet, flavorful, fizzy treat. I really love the Häagen-Dazs mango sorbet in this recipe. Use a cookie scoop to form a nice ball of sorbet.
Total time: 2 minutes
- 1 rounded tablespoon mango sorbet
- 6 ounces sparkling apple cider, well chilled
- Drop the ball of sorbet into a Champagne flute, and top with sparkling cider.
Virgin cranberry mojito recipe
I chose to not add sugar to this recipe because I like the tartness of the cranberry and lime. If you want a sweeter drink, then try adding 1/2 teaspoon of raw sugar to your muddling ingredients.
Total time: 4 minutes
- Juice from 1/4 lime
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/4 cup ice
- 6 ounces Sprite
- Mint sprig, cranberries and lime wedge, for garnish (optional)
- In a glass, muddle/crush the mint, lime juice and cranberry juice.
- Add ice, and top with the Sprite.
- Garnish with a mint sprig, fresh or frozen cranberries and a lime wedge if you'd like.
Alcohol-free pomegranate spritzer recipe
Pomegranate juice is cooked down with lime and sugar to make a thick syrup for this alcohol-free spritzer. You can use bottled juice or make your own by blending and straining pomegranate seeds.
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 7 minutes
- 8 ounces pomegranate juice
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups club soda
- 1 cup ice
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a small pot, stir together the pomegranate juice, lime juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes, until the volume is reduced by half.
- Divide the syrup among 4 glasses, and stir a cup of club soda into each glass.
- Add ice, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
See all our holiday articles
More holiday mocktail recipes
3 Holiday mocktails for your favorite designated driver
6 Tasty mocktails
Blended persimmon mocktail