Spend just one hour in the kitchen making five slow cooker freezer meals.
Tangy pot roast
Serving size 4-5
- 2- to 3-pound round roast
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- Carrots (don't add to freezer bag)
- Potatoes (don't add to freezer bag)
- Add all the ingredients to the bag except for the carrots and potatoes.
- Tip: You can chop up the carrots and potatoes the night before to add to the Crock-Pot in the morning.
Write on the bag: Add carrots and quartered potatoes. Cook on high for 6–7 hours or on low for 7–8 hours.
More meals for your five-day meal plan
- The fuller the slow cooker, the longer it will take to cook your food.
- According to the official Crock-Pot website, you can safely cook frozen meat in your slow cooker. If you still don't like the idea, you can put the bag in the fridge the night before, and the meat should be defrosted by the morning.
- Never put the plastic bag in the slow cooker. Always dump out the contents to prepare your meal.
- When you freeze the bag, make sure the frozen lump (for lack of a better word) will easily fit into your cooker.
- One reader suggested putting the dinners into slow cooker liners and then into the freezer bags.
Would you like more Crock-Pot freezer recipes? Visit my blog, Saving You Dinero, for 25 more recipes!
More on slow cookers
Save time in the kitchen with your slow cooker
Making the most of your slow cooker
Slow cooker know-how