Chinese New Year-inspired egg drop soup
Welcome the year
From SheKnows Canada
Want to add a dash of cultural cuisine to your menu in the spirit of Chinese New Year? This easy-to-make and delicious egg drop soup is a tasty way to start.
Egg drop soup
Serving size 2
Traditional Chinese cuisine offers so many healthy options, and this egg drop soup is no different. It's the perfect light side to enjoy with your favourite salad or sandwich on a cold winter's day.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place the chicken broth in a medium pot over high heat. Once the broth has warmed, scoop out 1/4 cup, and place it in a small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch to the small bowl of broth, and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the pot.
- Add the soya sauce and shredded ginger, and bring to a simmer.
- Vigorously stir the eggs in a small bowl until well combined.
- One spoonful at a time, pour the eggs into the broth mixture, stirring now and then to distribute. Continue until all the egg mixture has been added.
- Add in the green onions, and continue heating for 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour into bowls, and enjoy.
More soup recipes
Hearty vegetable barley soup
Vegan butternut squash soup
Creamy carrot soup for a cold day
Recommended for You