The holidays often mean you're frequently chowing down on heavy meals. That's why having a light salad to start with or to serve as a side is so necessary.
This recipe makes a great starter or side no matter the time of year. The light and refreshing taste complements summer, while the bright reds and greens make it suitable for the holiday season as well. Whenever you whip it together, it's sure to be a hit.
Serving size 6
For the salad:
- 10 cups spring mix
- 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a resealable container. Shake to combine.
- Pour half the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine. Continue adding dressing to the salad until desired level of saturation has been reached. Serve.
More salad recipes
Grilled mango and sweet potato salad recipe
Avocado and goat cheese salad
A quick, healthy, chickpea salad