This carrot soup will warm you from the inside and make you forget all about a cold day. Plus, it's incredibly inexpensive to make and delicious to boot!
Creamy carrot soup
Serving size 4
Recipe inspired by Health. Happy. Life.
This carrot soup is so thick and creamy, it's the perfect healthy meal on a cold day.
- 10 medium carrots, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium cooking onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth (store-bought or made from scratch)
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Place the onions, garlic, ginger and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. You can also add a splash of broth to ensure the onions don't burn. Heat for a couple of minutes until onions begin to sweat and become tender.
- Add in the carrots and broth. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the carrots become tender and break apart easily when a fork is inserted.
- Add in the milk, maple syrup and salt. Heat for another 2–3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and let the soup cool for 15–20 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or blender, and blend until it breaks down and becomes a puree. If your device is small, you may have to do this in separate batches. If that's the case, try to get the same quantity of carrots and broth in each batch so you have a regular consistency.
- If the soup has gotten cold during this process, return it to the pot to warm it before serving.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish, and enjoy!
More soup recipes
Chicken soup with a twist
Spicy shrimp soup two ways
5 Soups to warm you up this winter