I used to refuse to bake or cook anything with pomegranates. While delicious, they were just never worth the hassle and the sprays of red juice all over me and my kitchen walls. Then I discovered the method of taking the arils out in a big bowl of water
, and it was like my world was turned upside down. Since then, we've been BFFs.
I'm always looking for new ways to liven up a chicken dinner, and since we're in the season, pomegranates seemed like the perfect addition. A quick and simple roll-up stuffed with creamy goat cheese, spinach and pomegranates is not only festive but super delicious too!
Pomegranate and goat cheese-stuffed chicken recipe
This recipe is a quick, easy and festive take on a chicken dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 25-30 minutes | Total time: 35-40 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully butterfly the chicken, and pound it flat with a meat tenderizer.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the goat cheese in the middle of each chicken breast.
- Lay the spinach and pomegranates on top.
- Roll up each breast, and secure them with a toothpick.
- Place the chicken into a baking dish or oven-safe skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove from the oven, remove the toothpicks, and serve.
More chicken dinner recipes
Baked bacon ranch chicken
Quick chicken roll-ups
One-skillet cilantro-lime chicken dinner