Up your drinks game with a spiced pear Collins (VIDEO)
Try out this seasonal Collins cocktail with gin, pear and rosemary
If you are feeling a little more ambitious this weekend, then try this tasty infused drink.
- 1-1/2 ounces gin
- 1-1/2 ounces pear puree
- 3/4 ounce rosemary- and clove-infused syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- Dry sparkling wine, to top
- 1 sprig rosemary
Step 1 — Make the pear puree
- To a blender, add 2 Bartlett pears that have been peeled, pitted and sliced.
- Add 1-1/2 ounces of lemon juice and 1-1/2 teaspoons of rosemary.
- Puree the ingredients.
Step 2 — Make the simple syrup
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of water, 1 ounce of cloves and 3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Heat on low till simmering.
- Let the mixture cool.
Step 3 — Make the drink
- In a shaker, combine 1-1/2 ounces of puree with 3/4 ounce of the simple syrup, 3/4 ounce of lemon juice and 1-1/2 ounces of gin, and shake to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a glass, and top with sparkling wine.
More fun drink recipes
Shake up your afternoon with a fall orange sip (VIDEO)
Thirst-quenching iced rosemary-ginger peach green tea
The cranberry ginger crush cocktail is your new fall drink (VIDEO)