I'm a firm believer that leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving. As much as we try, there's only so much food we can stuff into our stomachs the day of, and for all the work and preparation that goes into the holiday, it would just be far too sad to enjoy it for only one meal.
So you're not stuck eating the same Thanksgiving meal for five days, though, the trick is to use the leftovers in a different recipe. An easy one, but a different one.
This breakfast sandwich is the perfect example. All your prime Thanksgiving suspects piled high on an English muffin and topped with a runny egg — the best day-after breakfast there could be.
Turkey-mashed potato breakfast sandwich recipe
An easy breakfast recipe to help use up some of those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- Leftover turkey, shredded, about 1 cup
- Leftover mashed potatoes, about 1 cup
- Leftover cranberry sauce, about 1/2 cup
- 4 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Reheat the mashed potatoes, turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Pile mashed potatoes on the bottom of an English muffin, then turkey, then cranberry sauce.
- Heat a large, greased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs, and cook them sunny-side up until set.
- Top each English muffin with the egg, garnish with green onion, and place the other slice of the muffin on top.
More Thanksgiving leftover recipes
Leftover turkey shepherd's pie