You're bound to have leftovers after Thanksgiving, right? Use your stuffing in a new way: as actually part of the burger itself. What better combination than to mix the leftover stuffing right smack dab into a ground turkey patty?
And better yet, the leftover stuffing is made with sage sausage, which adds a glorious flavor to the ground turkey. These mini burgers also come with their very own serving of grilled onions and are topped with a quick and easy cranberry and rosemary sauce. As for the bread, I especially like when mini burgers are served on a soft roll. So I used brown-and-serve rolls and lightly toasted them. Boy, was it ever hard to stop eating these.
Mini sage sausage dressing turkey burgers with cranberry-rosemary sauce recipe
These mini burgers are the best way to use up leftover stuffing. You can even use leftover rolls and cranberry sauce too.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for the onion)
- 3 dashes salt
- 2 cups sage sausage dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for the turkey burgers)
- 1/4 cup jellied or whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 small dinner rolls, cut in half lengthwise
For the onions
- Heat a small skillet on medium heat, and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions and salt to the pan, and stir while the onions are cooking.
- Let cook until the onions start to turn translucent and slightly brown (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, and set aside.
For the turkey burgers
- In a medium-size bowl, add the dressing, ground turkey, pepper and onion powder.
- Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients, and form 6 small patties.
- Heat a medium-size skillet on medium heat, and add the olive oil.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer the patties to the skillet.
- When the bottoms of the patties turn a golden color, turn them over, and put a lid on the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and continue to cook the turkey burgers until they are thoroughly cooked.
For the cranberry-rosemary sauce
- Heat a small pan on low heat, and add the cranberry sauce, raspberry jam, water and sprigs of rosemary. Stir together.
- Continue stirring while the sauce is cooking. Let cook until the sauce reduces to a slightly thick consistency (about 7 minutes).
- Just before serving, remove and discard the sprigs of rosemary.
Assembling the mini turkey burgers
- Add a turkey patty to each bottom side of the rolls.
- Drizzle cranberry-rosemary sauce on top of the burger.
- Top with grilled onions.
- Drizzle more sauce on top of the onions.
- Top with the other half of the bun, and serve while warm.
More leftover dressing recipes
Turkey and stuffing wontons with cranberry dipping sauce
Basil ground turkey and cranberry stuffing sliders