Everyone loves a classic dish, especially one that’s easy to make. I’ve updated this French dish a bit by including it as the filling for a warm and hearty sandwich wrap. Bonus: This meal is ready to enjoy in about 20 minutes.
Ratatouille is a traditional French dish jam-packed with vegetables, and I love it. It's often served as a side dish, but I'm bringing it to your main course as a filling for a Meatless Monday sandwich wrap.
Everything is better with cheese, am I right? With that in mind, I spread Brie into the wraps to give the veggies a creamy hug, then topped it with the colorful and warm vegetable mixture.
Keep the recipe for this ratatouille on hand to use as a side for another meal.
Warm ratatouille wraps with gooey Brie cheese recipe
This warm and filling French-inspired classic can be on your plate in about 20 minutes. For added flavor, add fresh herbs like basil or thyme to the mixture during the last few minutes of cooking time.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (seeds removed)
- 4-6 ounces spreadable Brie cheese
- 4 (8 inch) sandwich wraps
- To a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggplant, and cook until they turn color, about 5 to 6 minutes. After about 3 minutes of cooking, add the onion to the skillet.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet, and then add the zucchini, bell pepper and garlic. Next, add the salt, pepper and paprika. Stir to combine, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook for several minutes, until any liquid evaporates.
- Warm the sandwich wraps in the microwave for just about a minute. Lay them on a flat work surface, and spread approximately 2 ounces of the Brie cheese down the center of each.
- Divide the ratatouille mixture equally, and spread it over the cheese. Fold up the bottom portion of the wrap, and then roll tightly from one side to the other. Slice in half, and serve warm.
Serve a classic meal, wrap style.
More Meatless Monday recipes
Grilled Peppadew peppers and halloumi skewers with olive tapenade
Grilled tandoori tofu with creamy cucumber salad
Homemade soy chorizo and lentil lettuce wraps with cilantro cream