Making meatballs can be a tedious job — until now. Rather than browning every single meatball the way my mom used to do, I decided to make mine in the slow cooker, saving time and allowing me to go about my day without spending hours in the kitchen. This recipe takes the stress out of your dinner tonight.
If you have ever tried Swedish meatballs, then you'll find this recipe is very similar. I used ground turkey in place of pork or beef, and organic heavy whipping cream, sour cream and mushrooms to make this sauce ultra velvety. These meatballs are great served warm over egg noodles.
Slow cooker turkey meatballs with mushroom cream sauce recipe
Lean ground turkey is used in these tender meatballs that are slow-cooked in a creamy white sauce with mushrooms. Serve over cooked egg noodles, if desired. For an added pop of color, sprinkle fresh parsley over the cooked meatballs before serving.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 8 hours | Total time: 8 hours 30 minutes
For the meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
For the cream sauce
- 1/2 cup minced mushrooms
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Using your hands, combine the mixture well, and then form meatballs of desired size.
- Place the meatballs in a single layer in the bottom of your slow cooker (or carefully stack them if they won't fit).
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well, and pour on top of the meatballs. Cover the slow cooker, and set it to low for 8 hours.
- Once the meatballs are completely cooked, transfer them to a serving dish, and serve with cooked egg noodles, if desired.
More yummy meatball recipes
Vegetarian "meatballs" with pesto cream sauce
Cauliflower feta meatballs
Teriyaki mango-apple meatballs