Nothing makes me think of fall and Thanksgiving more than pumpkin pie. I get so excited when I start seeing the pumpkin everything at the stores, and it makes me happy knowing I get to whip up this super-easy treat.
This simple fudge recipe really does taste like pumpkin pie, and the best part is that no dough is involved for those of you who despise baking, like me. This makes a wonderful dessert for your holiday table and makes even better gifts. Sometimes I will make an extra batch or two and package it in pretty fall bags for my neighbors.
Easy pumpkin pie swirl fudge recipe
This seasonal fall fudge is full of pumpkin pie spice. If you aren't a spice lover, then cut back a little for a more subtle taste.
Yields 2-1/2 pounds
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 3 hours | Total time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 2 cups white chocolate chips plus 1/4 cup reserved for the swirl
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla extract)
- Pinch sea salt
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- To a pot over medium heat, add the white and brown sugars, butter, evaporated milk and pumpkin puree.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, check the temperature, aiming for about 240 degrees F.
- Once the mixture reaches the desired temperature, remove from the heat, and quickly add the remaining ingredients minus the reserved 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Stir the fudge very well, and then pour it into the lined baking pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the reserved 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Lightly spoon the melted chocolate onto the pumpkin fudge. Using a knife, swirl the white chocolate to create a marbled effect.
- Chill the fudge for about 3 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into 1-inch squares, and store in an airtight container.
More fudge recipes
Neon "love" fudge
Irish coffee cream fudge
Black bean fudge