Salmon partnered with citrus and topped with a quick and easy pomegranate relish is every bit as delicious as it is pretty.
Not one, not two, but three kinds of citrus are used for this dish. The salmon is seasoned with orange, lemon and lime zest and juice.
Then it's topped with pomegranate relish that looks like brightly colored gems proudly decorating the salmon. There's also a hint of basil, which adds a subtle herb flavor with every bite.
This is one of those dishes that looks like you spent way more time on it than you did. My favorite part about making this recipe is cooking the salmon in a foil tent. It just doesn't get any easier than that.
Baked citrus salmon with pomegranate-basil relish recipe
This super-easy salmon bakes in a foil tent in its natural juices along with the citrus, and is almost too pretty to eat.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- Zest and juice from 1/2 an orange
- Zest and juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Zest and juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 orange slice
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 lime slice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 sprigs fresh basil (leaves only), chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice from 1/2 a lime (for the relish)
- Juice from 1/2 an orange (for the relish)
- 2 dashes salt
For the pomegranate-basil relish
- To a medium-size bowl, add the pomegranate, basil, jalapeño, red onion, lime juice, orange juice and salt.
- Stir together, and chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
For the citrus salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the salmon skin side down on a large piece of foil that's about the size of a cookie sheet.
- Top the salmon with pepper.
- Add the orange, lemon and lime zest and juice.
- Lay the slices of orange, lemon and lime on top of the salmon.
- Lift up all 4 sides of the foil.
- Roll and tighten the sides of the foil to form a "tent."
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and open up the foil tent.
- Set the salmon onto serving plates, and top with the pomegranate-basil relish.
More salmon recipes
Griddle-cooked salmon with soy-ginger sauce
Grilled blackened salmon with mango BBQ sauce
Lemon grilled salmon and summer vegetables