I have a love for just about anything stuffed with cheese. When I was a kid, I could often be found sneaking bites of string cheese from the refrigerator. When I found out you could stuff cheese into bread, I just about lost it.
Not only is this bread packed with cheese but also with spicy, hot banana peppers and flavorful, thick-sliced pepperoni. It's the perfect appetizer or a quick and easy lunch.
Spicy Italian stuffed bread recipe
You should never have to choose between cheese, pepperoni and bread. This super-stuffed bread is perfect for the holiday season or as an easy lunch.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 large (oval-shaped) sourdough bread
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup spicy banana peppers
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make slices into the bread, 1 inch apart. Cut down almost to the bottom but not all the way through.
- Stuff each slice with equal amounts cheese, pepperoni and spicy banana peppers.
- Mist the outside of the bread with olive oil, and cover with foil.
- Place the stuffed bread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, uncover the foil, and bake for another 10 minutes until all the cheese has melted.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More bread recipes
Copycat Panera country white bread
Chocolate twist bread
Peanut butter bread