You know what I love most about mug cake? It's perfect for just one, and I can make it in under five minutes. I added a little peppermint extract to jazz it up for the holidays. Chocolate and peppermint are the ultimate Christmas flavors.
You can top your cake with a little powdered sugar or spread on some frosting. The choice is yours, but I won't lie — frosting is my favorite.
Chocolate-peppermint mug cake for one recipe
This chocolate mug cake is ready in less than five minutes and the perfect size for just one. Top with powdered sugar or a little dollop of frosting for an extra-sweet treat. Just make sure your mug is large enough, as this cake will rise during cooking.
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes | Total time: 4 minutes
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure mint extract
- Powdered sugar or frosting, for topping (optional)
- In a large mug (or in a small bowl), mix together the all-purpose flour, dark brown sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Add in the milk, vegetable oil, white vinegar and pure mint extract.
- Place in the microwave, and cook on high for 2 minutes. The cake will rise while cooking, so make sure your mug is big enough to handle the rising without spilling over.
- Remove from the microwave, and eat it plain, or top it with powdered sugar or frosting, if desired.
See all our holiday articles
More cake recipes
Fruit and lemon curd layer cake
Gooey brown butter cake
Champagne lemon mini Bundt cake