It happens every year. Thanksgiving ends, your fridge is stuffed with Tupperware and casserole dishes of leftovers, and by the end of Black Friday, you're already sick of reheated plates of the same thing you ate at the Thanksgiving table.
This grilled cheese is the perfect way to at least get rid of the Brussels sprouts and cranberry sauce. Stuffed between two pieces of bread and with lots of gooey, melted cheddar cheese, a lunch of leftovers never tasted so good.
Brussels sprouts and cranberry grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Stuff those leftovers between some bread, and add cheese. This easy grilled cheese sandwich is a delicious way to enjoy Thanksgiving again the next day.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup leftover Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and shallots, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar onto a slice of bread. Top with the Brussels sprouts mixture. Spoon the cranberry sauce on top, lay the other 2 slices of cheddar on top of that, and place the other slice of bread on top.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Place the sandwich into the skillet, and press down on the top with a spatula.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet, and serve warm.
More grilled cheese recipes
Pizza grilled cheese
Chile relleno grilled cheese sandwich
Ramen noodle grilled cheese