These bars are all about the oozing chocolate and lots of Butterfinger candy for the topping. I also don't want to leave out the amazing crust that is made with oats and Cocoa Krispies.
Chocolate Butterfinger bars are easy to make and so easy to pop in the mouth. I seriously downed two in about five minutes just to make sure they tasted OK for the rest of the family. It was a good excuse to use at the time.
Bar recipes are typically known for indulging in during breakfast or after dinner. In fact, I'm pretty sure I devoured several of these chocolate Butterfinger bars for breakfast. Who says you can't have chocolate with a little dose of candy for an early-morning treat?
Chocolate butterfinger bars recipe
If Butterfinger candies are not your favorite, then feel free to substitute with another candy bar, but don't hold me responsible for the outcome, because Butterfingers are the way to go.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 (2.1 ounce) Butterfinger candy bars, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a food processor, add the Cocoa Krispies, oats, sugar, butter and corn syrup. Blend for about 15 seconds, and then place the crust into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish prepared with nonstick cooking spray. Press down on the crust to ensure it is well packed. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and add the chocolate morsels. When the chocolate starts to melt, use a spatula to spread it around.
- Place the Butterfingers into a food processor, and blend to a fine consistency. Sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate, and allow the dish to cool for at least 30 minutes.
More bar recipes
Quinoa peanut butter banana bar
Bacon maple crunch bar
Chocolate and oat bars