If you're living the nondairy lifestyle, it doesn't mean you can't have ice cream. I whipped up this totally easy ice cream in no time. Just remember to keep your ice cream maker bowl frozen so you can whip up a batch whenever the craving hits you.
Oh, and don't be afraid to mix in whatever flavors you crave. I found gingersnaps to pair nicely with it, but I think little bits of pretzel would be great as well. Who doesn't love that sweet and salty combo?
Vegan pumpkin ice cream recipe
Adapted from MindBodyGreen
If you're living the vegan life and miss ice cream, then this recipe is for you. It has a light coconut flavor and is packed full of pumpkin puree and tons of warm fall spices. All you have to do is add it to your ice cream maker, freeze and enjoy.
Yields 1 pint
Prep time: 5 minutes | Process time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 12 hours | Total time: 12 hours 25 minutes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 drops orange food coloring (if desired)
- 1/2 cup crushed vegan gingersnaps, plus more for garnish
- To a blender, add all the ingredients except for the crushed cookies. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the ice cream maker directions.
- Once the mixture is the texture of soft serve, add it to a freezer-safe container, and stir in the crushed gingersnaps.
- Freeze overnight (about 12 hours), and serve with a sprinkling of crushed gingersnaps.
More ice cream recipes
Cinnamon and sugar-coated ice cream bites
Avocado ice cream
Vegan coconut ice cream