What more could you ask for in a delicious fall cake? This cake combines pumpkin, cheesecake and coffee cake all in one delicious dish. The pumpkin cake is the base with a cheesecake swirl throughout and it is all topped with a coffee-cake streusel.
There are three different pumpkin flavors you'll taste when you take a bite into this cake. The first is pumpkin puree which makes the bread ultra-moist. The next is pumpkin spice which seems to heighten all of the flavors and gives that rich pumpkin pie taste to the cake. And finally, there is pumpkin coffee creamer. This coffee creamer does wonders for the cake. It enhances the flavor and brings a type of creaminess to the cake.
This cake may sound difficult or look like it has a lot of ingredients, but it flows well and isn't too hard to make. I think the hardest part is waiting for it to finish cooking. This cake is the perfect treat for fall and you may like it so much that it ends up on your Thanksgiving menu.
Pumpkin cheesecake-swirled coffee cake
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 60-65 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour and 30-35 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer and milk. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the dry to the wet and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 7-inch springform pan.
- In another bowl, beat together all of the cheesecake swirl ingredients. Beat until creamed and then pour on top of the pumpkin cake mixture. Using a butter knife, swirl the cheesecake into the pumpkin cake.
- In another bowl, combine all of the crumb topping ingredients and stir until a crumble forms. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the pumpkin and cheesecake layers.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Remove and allow to cool before slicing the cake up.
More pumpkin recipes
Gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake
Pumpkin 7-layer bars
Pumpkin raisin bread with a cream cheese frosting