When it comes to the perfect portable snack, I crave something a little sweet, a little savory and whole lot of delicious. I often pack a wedge of cheddar cheese, crackers and sliced apples in my family's lunches, so why not put it all together in a muffin?
These muffins are a breeze to make. Grating whole apples (no need to peel, just add that fiber into the bowl) makes for quick work; no need to fuss with slicing and dicing. The apples come together with hearty rolled oats and just enough sugar to give it the perfect amount of sweetness.
They may be delicious on their own, but spread on some The Laughing Cow White Cheddar Cheese, and you've got the perfect combination of sweet and savory in one bite, making it a wholesome snack for any time of day.
Whether for breakfast, a midday snack, after school or even dessert, pairing these apple muffins with creamy The Laughing Cow White Cheddar spreadable cheese has you covered.
Makes 1 dozen muffins
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely grated apples (about 3 apples)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a muffin pan by lining with cupcake liners or lightly coating with baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the grated apple, sugar, canola oil and egg, and blend until just combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the apple mixture and mix until combined. Divide the batter evenly in the muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve with wedges of The Laughing Cow White Cheddar.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration with The Laughing Cow and SheKnows.