Labor Day is coming soon, and what better time to appreciate the lingering warm weather over a meal with family and friends? Whether you're eating out or staying in, we've got meal ideas galore for you and yours.
If you're going out...
- Ikea. Spend $100, and get a free meal in the Ikea Restaurant. Offer valid Aug. 30 to Sept. 2, at participating Ikea stores.
- Firehouse Subs. Buy a sub, chips and medium drink, and get a second medium sub for free with this coupon. Offer valid on Labor Day only.
- Schlotsky's. Download Schlotsky's "Lotz4Me" guest rewards app, and receive a free small "The Original" sandwich with the purchase of chips and a 32-ounce drink.
- The Spaghetti Warehouse. The Spaghetti Warehouse is offering a "Family Feast for 4" for just $30 with this coupon, valid Aug. 30 to Sept. 1.
- Buca di Beppo. Buca di Beppo also has a deal for the whole family with its "Feed Four for $40." This coupon gets you garlic bread, salad and a family-size entree for $40, now through Sept. 28.
- Red Lobster. Red Lobster's Endless Shrimp begins on Labor Day, and it's just what it sounds like — all the shrimp you can eat. Our advice? Skip the sides so you can focus on the good stuff.
- Little Caesars. If you really want to take advantage of the fact that you have the day off, Little Caesars starts selling its new Soft Pretzel Pepperoni Pizza on Sept. 1. Get it early, and spend the rest of the day digesting in front of the TV.
If you're staying in...
Of course, Labor Day is one of the last chances you have to entertain at home before the cold starts settling in. Try the recipes below, and savor summer while you still can.
A Southern twist on a classic English cocktail, the Pimm's Cup
This punched-up version of the Pimm's Cup adds bourbon to the classic cocktail — the perfect drink to get you in the mood for entertaining.
Boozy cantaloupe slushies
These grown-up cantaloupe slushies will make you feel like a kid again, but a dash of Campari keeps things classy.
Iced rosemary-ginger peach green tea
This refreshing peach iced tea is perfect for the teetotalers in your group, and the aromatic rosemary and ginger flavors pair well with any foods you might have going on the grill. Yum!
An entire watermelon filled with vodka? Yes, please!
Watermelon vodka isn't just for sorority house parties. Serve the infused fruit in wedges, or add some to a summery cocktail.
Head to page 2 for side dishes, burger recipes and more >>