A simple salad to enjoy that perfectly sweet summer corn while it's still around.
Adding grains to your favorite summer salad is a great way to make it feel like a meal. The grilled corn, jalapeños, cheddar and basil in this wheat berry salad make it the ideal stand-alone light dinner or a delicious side dish to whatever you have on the grill. Just throw the corn onto the grill too, and then toss it all together.
Grilled corn, jalapeño and cheddar wheat berry salad recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wheat berries (or other grain, like barley, farro or even quinoa)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 a large jalapeño, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 corn ears, grilled, kernels cut off
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, and toss them together until well combined.
- Serve at room temperature.
More grain salad recipes
Mediterranean barley salad
Pesto barley salad
Fresh farmers market farro salad