I used a spiralizer, which you can find online or at most cooking stores, to turn my cucumbers into noodles. It's super simple and takes just seconds to do. Then just a quick toss in a sweet-and-spicy vinaigrette and a topping of fresh tomatoes, greens and lots of spicy seasonings. These work perfectly in fresh salads or for picky eaters who refuse to eat their veggies.
Sweet-and-spicy cucumber noodles recipe
- Spiralizer (found online)
- 4 large English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large handfuls organic arugula
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a cucumber into the spiralizer, and follow the directions listed on the package until you have cucumber noodles. Repeat with the remaining cucumbers.
- To a large bowl, add all the cucumber noodles along with the tomatoes and arugula.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the dressing until all the ingredients are incorporated, and pour over the top of the cucumber noodles.
- Toss the cucumber noodles very well, making sure they are all coated with the dressing.
- Transfer to a serving plate, and serve immediately.
More noodle recipe ideas
Thai peanut noodle bowls
Pad Thai zucchini noodles
3 Impossibly easy noodle recipes