Just because it's hot out doesn't mean you don't crave comforting, cheesy, stuffed pasta. C'mon... You know you do.
Stuffed shells are a great, easy comfort food the entire family will love. This version combines pesto, chicken, creamy ricotta and fresh basil for a delicious summer spin.
It's decadent and cheesy but seasonally appropriate, with the light flavors of summer popping through. Most important, it's dinner in just about 30 minutes.
Cheesy pesto-chicken-stuffed shells recipe
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 6 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chopped basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta shells, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes less than the cooking time on the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, in a medium bowl, combine the chicken, ricotta, pesto, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta, and stuff the shells with the chicken mixture.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish, and arrange the stuffed shells on top of the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining 1/4 cup of sauce on top of the shells, and then bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the shells from the oven, garnish with fresh basil, and serve.
More pesto recipes
Quick pesto lasagna rolls
Homemade basil pesto over penne
Leftover shredded chicken pesto pasta