This super-simple citrus baked chicken is delicious, packed full of citrus flavor and can be ready in just about 30 minutes.
Chicken is a staple in my house. I have a few standard recipes, but every once in a while I like to switch things up. In this recipe, I use up all those lemons and oranges that are sitting around in the fruit basket to make this super-delicious baked citrus chicken. It's full of flavor and ready in no time.
Baked citrus chicken recipe
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, lay down lemon slices of 1 lemon and orange slices of 1 orange. Sprinkle the citrus with 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
- Top the citrus with the chicken cutlets, and then sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of rosemary and the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Top the chicken with the remaining citrus slices, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Depending on the thickness of your cutlets, you may need to shorten or lengthen your cooking time.
More chicken recipes
Dr Pepper-marinated grilled chicken
Spicy cilantro chicken skewers
Doritos-crusted chicken strips