This no-bake Boston cream pie layer cake takes all the work out of dessert but still delivers on all that creamy flavor.
Boston cream doughnuts and Boston cream pie come together to create this super-easy, no-bake cake. I almost didn't share any with my husband but figured that would just be too mean. It's so easy to throw together that you will want to make it tonight.
No-bake Boston cream pie layer cake recipe
- 1 store-bought round angel food cake, cut into 2 layers
- 1 (5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Lay out both layers of the angel food cake, and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the instant vanilla pudding according to the box directions. Let the pudding set.
- Lay the bottom half of the cake onto a cake platter, and top the cake with vanilla pudding.
- Top the pudding with the other half of the cake.
- In a double boiler set over hot water, add the dark chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir together until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate glaze over the cake, and let the glaze harden.
More angel food cake recipes
Fruit and lemon curd angel food cake
Easy lemon trifle
Fancy angel food cake