Use the grill to turn Brussels sprouts into delightfully crispy vegetables dipped in a spicy ranch dressing.
My favorite way to cook Brussels sprouts in the summer is to thread them onto skewers and pop them onto the grill. The outer leaves become crispy and sweet with natural caramelization, and the cooking happens outside so you don't overheat your kitchen. You can season the Brussels sprouts a variety of ways, but my kiddo loves to dunk them into a spicy ranch dip.
Grilled Brussels sprouts with spicy ranch dip recipe
- 4 wooden barbecue skewers
- 16 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Tapatío Hot Sauce
- Soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half through the stem end.
- Toss them into a large bowl with the coconut oil and then the sea salt.
- Thread the Brussels sprouts onto the wooden skewers, and then place onto a hot grill, cut side down.
- Grill about 5 minutes, until the edges are golden and crispy.
- Whisk the ranch dressing with the Tapatío Hot Sauce to taste.
More Brussels sprouts recipes
Baked Brussels sprouts gratin
Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction
Pasta with Brussels sprouts