While it sounds complicated, huevos rancheros is actually insanely easy to make, and this casserole is even easier.
Buenos días, Yummies! This recipe is one of my favorites. It always takes me back to crisp New Mexico mornings, eating spicy green chile and gazing up at the snowcapped Sandia Mountains.
While it sounds complicated, huevos rancheros is actually insanely easy to make, and this casserole is even easier. I was pleasantly surprised that the chile was mild enough for this handsome little dude, who couldn't get enough!
Vaya con Dios, mis amigos. Have a delicious day! xoxo
- 4 precooked breakfast sausage patties
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 1 tin pinto beans
- 1 cup chopped green chile
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Layer the breakfast sausage patties on the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Add the tater tots and pinto beans on top of the sausage patties.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the green chile and eggs together with a fork.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage, tots and pintos.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the dish and put it into the oven uncovered.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the egg is completely cooked and the cheese browns.