Incorporate your vegetables into a sneaky meal the kids will love. This broccoli-and-basil pesto spaghetti takes a traditional sauce and infuses it with all the nutrients we normally have to bribe them to eat.
Kids love their spaghetti. However, do you have problems getting them to eat their daily amount of vegetables? This broccoli-and-basil pesto spaghetti recipe will solve your vegetable problems, and they will get to eat their beloved spaghetti as well.
This kid-friendly recipe is easy to make and takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. Talk about comfort food made in a jiffy. While letting the noodles cook, you put everything into a food processor and let it work its magic.
Quick and easy broccoli-and-basil pesto spaghetti recipe
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the spaghetti noodles, and cook according to the package instructions.
- Into a food processor, add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until it reaches a smooth consistency. Remove, and toss with the drained noodles.
- Plate, and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
More pesto recipes
Grilled pesto garlic bread
Pesto chicken penne
Stuffed chicken with pesto and goat cheese