Bring smiles to your next summer pool party with these strawberry bikini bites. Instead of chocolate-covered strawberries, these fresh berries are covered in peanut butter and yellow candy wafers, making them scrumptious swimsuits in disguise.
You can use either peanut butter candy melts or butterscotch chips — whichever you prefer. Add white or chocolate candy melts to adjust the skin color you desire.
The strawberries in most packages of strawberries are of a variety of sizes. Try to match them into perfect-sized pairs.
I used a fork to fish my strawberries out of the candy melt. It also made it easier to tap off the excess coating.
Use another fork or toothpick to slide the strawberries into place on your parchment paper.
After you refrigerate the coated strawberries, you can smooth out any bumps or lumps with a knife or toothpick before painting on the bikini tops.
You can make your bikini tops whatever color you like. Some candy melts are not as smooth as others, so add a little bit of canola oil if necessary.
I found some candy flowers at Walmart to accessorize my bikini tops.
Display your bikini bites.
Add a few real strawberries on the side (as a hint of what's inside).
Candy-coated strawberry bikini bites recipe
- 24 strawberries
- 12 ounces peanut butter candy melts or butterscotch chips
- 6 ounces yellow candy melts (or any color bikini top you choose)
- 4 ounces white candy melts
- Candy decorations for bikini accessories
- Wash the strawberries, and remove the leafy tops. Match similar-size strawberries into pairs.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter candy melts (or butterscotch chips) for 30 seconds. Continue heating and stirring in 30-second intervals until smooth. Coat the strawberries with the candy melt, using a fork to lift each strawberry out and to tap off any excess candy melt.
- Onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place the coated strawberries next to one another in pairs.
- Refrigerate the candy-coated strawberries for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat and stir yellow candy melts for 30-second intervals until smooth. Using a food-safe paintbrush, paint bikini swimsuit tops with the candy melt onto the fronts of the strawberries. You can add shoulder straps if desired.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat and stir white candy melts for 30-second intervals until smooth. Using a toothpick or the end of your paintbrush, apply dollops of white candy melt to the bikini tops to create polka dots. Add any other candy accessories you like, such as flowers, pearls, etc.
- Arrange and display your bikini bites by size or by color.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Best if served within 24 hours of making them.
More fun summer food crafts
Edible candy watermelon bowls with sorbet
Beach pretzel dip
Watermelon grill with fruit kebabs