Are you one of those people who loves to add chips to your burger for that extra crunch but always feels like people are judging you? Well, I suggest you do it with this Fritos pie burger.
Growing up, I would always sneak chips onto my sandwich. As I got older, I would even add that extra salty crunch to my salads. Something about the taste of chips added to your sandwich or salad makes it that much better.
Still to this day, I like to add some chips to my main entrée. Today I'm sharing this mouthwatering Fritos pie burger that makes it completely acceptable to have chips on a burger.
Fritos pie burger recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Bush's Chili Magic chili starter
- 6 premade hamburger patties
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Fritos chips
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large sauté pan, add the beef, and cook until it is browned. Drain, and then add the diced tomatoes and chili starter. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- While the chili is cooking, to another large sauté pan over medium heat, add the patties. Sprinkle with salt, and pour the Worcestershire sauce over the patties. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- To assemble the burger, top with a hamburger patty, chili, cheese, onions, Fritos chips and then the other half of the bun.
More mouthwatering burger recipes
Planked salmon burgers