I swear, one bite of these babies and all of a sudden I'm that 12-year-old girl at summer camp who keeps losing her retainer.
In case you missed it, I'm a little s'mores obsessed this summer. I've made a s'mores pie. S'mores ice cream pops. S'mores s'mores. I'm pretty sure I'd use s'mores shampoo if it existed.
You just can't beat the combination of melted chocolate, crunchy graham crackers and gooey marshmallows when it comes to summer. I swear, one bite of these babies and all of a sudden I'm that 12-year-old girl at summer camp who keeps losing her retainer.
Campfire s'mores cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened, room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for an additional minute or two.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture to form a dough.
- When your dough is smooth add your chocolate chips and marshmallows to the bowl.
- Use your hands to fold the chocolate chips and marshmallow into the dough.
- Scoop the dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet into 1-inch rounds. This recipe should yield about 10-12 cookies.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are firm and brown. The centers should still be soft and chewy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe with your family and friends this summer. If you'd like to see more recipes like this please follow me at Yumology.com or you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google+.