Creamy ripe bananas pair with sweet Biscoff spread to make one delicious breakfast your family will love.
Biscoff and banana French toast
- 2 slices of French loaf bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff spread
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- Add the butter to a frying pan and allow it to melt over medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and granulated sugar together in a small bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture onto a large plate.
- Place each slice of bread into the egg mixture.
- Allow the bread to soak up the egg on both sides.
- Add the egged bread to the hot frying pan and cook on both sides until brown and crisp.
- Place the cooked bread onto a plate and spread the Biscoff onto it while it is still hot.
- Allow the Biscoff spread to melt then add sliced banana on top of the spread.
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar over the top of the toast and serve.
This recipe is why I love Sundays. The rain is falling gently outside my kitchen window. My son and husband are still snuggled up together in bed, and I am preparing a warm and comforting breakfast we will all be able to enjoy as soon as they wake up.
If you haven't tried Biscoff yet, you're in for a real treat. It's not chocolaty like Nutella; rather, it's a cross between peanut butter and graham crackers. I really don't know how else to explain it, but I know it makes an excellent companion for bananas, especially on top of crisp and buttery French toast.