We've put a number of tasty and simple spins on your traditional breakfast pizza recipe.
I'm a huge fan of pizza. I'll eat it for dinner, lunch, breakfast or even dessert! Breakfast pizzas are so much fun to make, but I have to admit, I'm not really a fan of the traditional dough. I much prefer the hash brown crust we've perfected in the recipe below.
One way we've saved a ton of time without sacrificing flavor is by using Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles. They're precooked, so they're ready to go right out of the bag, making this recipe so much easier than it would be if you had to cook sausage from scratch!
Breakfast sausage pizza with hash brown crust
- 1 bag (about 2 cups) Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 2 cups tater tots
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and bake your tater tots for about 10 minutes, until they are brown and crisp.
- Spray a round cake pan with nonstick spray. Be sure to cover the sides as well as the bottom. (You'll want to use a pan with a spring-release side since it will make it much easier to get your pizza out in one piece when it is finished.)
- Press the tater tots into the bottom of the cake pan until they cover the circumference of the base.
- Spread a thin layer of salsa on top of the tater tot/hash brown crust.
- Sprinkle the Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles on top of the salsa.
- Scramble the eggs in a skillet and transfer the scrambled eggs to the top of the sausage crumbles.
- Top the pizza with cheese and bake it for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven when the cheese begins to bubble and the hash brown crust has hardened.
- Slowly release the sides of the cake pan, using the spring latch.
- The pizza should slowly slide off of the cake pan base and onto your serving platter.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Jimmy Dean Sausage makes wonderful products that encourage your kids to take part in cooking and enjoying breakfast. My son loved making this recipe with me. Whenever kids can layer things up with minimal cooking and delicious eating, it's a major kitchen bonus!