The healthy, delicious liquid version of a peanut butter and banana sandwich!
Almond butter, banana and chocolate smoothie
- Your favorite chocolate protein powder
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- All natural almond butter
- Banana (preferably frozen)
- Ground cinnamon
- Pour 8 ounces of the unsweetened vanilla almond milk into the blender.
- Cut up half of the banana into slices and put it into the blender.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of almond butter and add to the mixture in the blender.
- Add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your favorite glass and add the ground cinnamon to the top for a hint of sweetness.
If I asked you what were your top 10 favorite snacks as kid, it would be safe to bet that there would be a peanut butter and banana sandwich on that list! We tend to forget about those healthy snacks that we had as kids, and those of us who are parents tend to not practice what we preach because of our busy lives. Are you a victim of this? Me too. Ok, let’s change gears for a minute. We are training for the NPC Bikini Competition in March, so our eating habits are revolving around protein right now. It seems super simple at first to plan your meals with the appropriate amount of protein, but after a couple weeks you don’t want to see another piece of chicken, pork, beef, etc. When you get to this point, you are fishing for any new way to incorporate protein into your diet, which means finding unique ways to consume that daily intake. All of that being said, we have a healthy, delicious protein smoothie recipe to share with you that is (we like to think) the liquid version of a peanut butter & banana sandwich!
We do not necessarily recommend using this as a meal replacement (unless you are not a big breakfast eater), but a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack to keep that metabolism going.