Yes, you read it right. Cream. Of. Tequila. Soup. I mean, could a dish sound more delicious? It's got the fun flavor of tequila mixed with the wintry warmth and heartiness of creamed soup.
Cream of... tequila?
Yes, you read it right. Cream. Of. Tequila. Soup. I mean, could a dish sound more delicious? It's got the fun flavor of tequila and the spice of jalapeño mixed with the wintry warmth and heartiness of creamed soup — all without the nasty hangover.
It's not complicated. We've taken our basic cheese-soup recipe and thrown in some pepper jack, jalapeños and tequila. It's definitely a unique take on tequila and on soup, but throw this together for your next dinner party and I guarantee your guests will be pleasantly surprised.
Enjoy, Yummies! Xoxo
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons silver tequila
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices jalapeño (garnish)
- 1 pinch cilantro (garnish)
- Add the butter to a saucepan and let it melt.
- Sprinkle the flour into the butter and whisk to form a roux.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk the mixture together until it's smooth. Tip: It's best to continue to stir the ingredients together slowly without letting them boil. Keep your heat at low-medium — just enough to warm the soup and melt all the ingredients together.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts into the soup.
- Add the tequila and salt, then stir and let simmer for 2-3 minutes before serving.