Blue potatoes and bright red beets make the perfect festive snacking options for your Fourth of July party.
Want a festive snack to take to your 4th of July barbecue? These blue potato and beet chips are perfect for the occasion. They're way healthier than the normal bagged chips and are naturally festive. With a deliciously tangy yogurt dip, everyone will love them.
Red beet and blue potato chips with tangy yogurt dipping sauce recipe
- 1 pound blue potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 beets, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or use a silicone baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on 1 of the baking sheets. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping the potatoes over halfway through until crispy and starting to brown around the edges.
- In a large bowl, toss the beets with the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the beets out in a single layer on the other baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through until crispy.
- In a small dipping bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic, and serve with the baked chips.
More 4th of July recipes
Red, white and blue flag fudge
Firecracker Jell-O parfaits
Firecracker cupcakes in a jar