Simple, summertime flavors make this family dinner a tasty one you'll come back to again and again.
Simple grilled dinners with bold flavors are one of the best parts of the summer. The stovetop stays clean, and it only feels appropriate to have a cold adult beverage of choice in one hand while the other flips chicken, burgers or the like on the grill.
These honey lime chicken skewers deliver on that simple summer meal. The zesty lime comes through even after just 30 minutes of marinating (although the longer, the better), and they pretty much scream for a light cold beer to go with them.
Honey lime chicken skewers with coconut rice recipe
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups coconut milk from a carton
- Grilling skewers
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lime zest, juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, cover, and let the mixture marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Grease a grill pan or outdoor grill, and skewer the chicken cubes, alternating with a piece of red onion.
- Grill the chicken about 2 to 3 minutes per side until fully cooked.
- To make the rice, combine the rice and coconut milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low, cover, and let cook until the coconut milk has been fully absorbed by the rice.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.
More grilled chicken recipes
Dr Pepper-marinated grilled chicken
Key lime grilled chicken with paradise salsa
Grilled chicken with Dijon mustard marinade