One taste of these fritters, and you won't believe you didn't just get them from a drive-through window.
How can the word "fritter" not excite you? My mouth waters when I think of the crispy, fried, crunchy exterior, the warm and soft inside, accompanied by a dipping sauce. These chicken pretzel fritters are just that. A crisp outside — thanks to crushed pretzels and hearty almond flour — with a warm cheddar chicken center. Dip these babies into some BBQ sauce, and pop 'em back.
BBQ cheddar chicken pretzel fritters recipe
- 3/4 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper
- Oil (for frying)
- Chopped green onions (for garnish)
- BBQ sauce (for dipping)
- In a large bowl, use a spoon to mix together all the ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour enough oil to coat the bottom of a skillet, and heat over medium-high.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls.
- Once the oil is hot, add the fritters to the skillet 1 at a time, pressing down gently to flatten them slightly.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm with BBQ sauce for dipping and green onions for garnish.
More appetizer recipes
Tex-Mex stuffed potato poppers
Zesty ceviche tostada bites
Tropical teriyaki mango and apple meatballs