VIDEO: Simple homemade fries
Fast fries, not fast food
Leave the limp and greasy fries to the fast food chains. Skip the drive-through, and cook up mounds of delicious and crispy homemade fries at home with this simple recipe your whole family will love.
Simple homemade fries recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Slice the potatoes into french fries.
- Place the fries into cold water so they won't turn brown while you prepare the oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, in a large bowl, mix together the flour, garlic salt, onion salt, (regular) salt and paprika.
- Gradually stir in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
- Dip the potato slices into the batter, and then place them in the hot oil so they are not touching at first. The fries must be placed into the skillet one at a time, or they will clump together.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil, and drain on paper towels.
More fries recipes
Smothered cheese fries with caramelized onions
Baked garlic cilantro fries
Baked chipotle cheese fries
Recommended for You