Time to dust off the grill and make way for your grilled Brussels sprouts salad. Because grills are not just for meat...
I am seriously in love with summer — the good weather, pool days and, most of all, the grilling that takes place with close family and friends. I've been using the grill at least three to four times a week if not more.
A couple of summers ago, I experienced grilled romaine lettuce leaves for the first time and fell head over heels for them. This summer I'm making grilled Brussels sprouts with a quick homemade dressing.
Fire up the grill, and let's get cooking.
Grilled Brussels sprouts salad recipe
- 13 ounces Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cranberries
- 3 slices baked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 an orange
- Preheat the grill to 300 degrees F, and set a grill basket on the grates.
- Chop up the Brussels sprouts, and place them in the grill basket. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the lettuce leaves. Cook for an additional minute, and then remove from the grill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and orange juice. Pour the mixture on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Top with cranberries, bacon and Parmesan cheese, and enjoy.
More salad recipes
Skinny broccoli salad
Three bean and quinoa salad