This savory polenta pie is perfect for your favorite fillings. It's easy to make and fun to serve.
When it comes to mealtime, a polenta pie could become your new favorite. This recipe for gluten-free polenta pie with arugula, roasted red peppers and goat cheese is perfect as a light meal on its own or as a starter.
Mixed greens make a refreshing filling for this polenta pie. Use your favorite salad, dressing and cheese, or follow right along with this simple recipe. This is a colorful dish that will look great on your table.
Gluten-free polenta pie with arugula, roasted red peppers and goat cheese recipe
- 3/4 cup dried polenta
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces goat cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 large, roasted red peppers packed in oil, cut into thin strips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free white wine vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with the nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the polenta according to the package directions. When finished cooking and while still warm, add 1/2 the goat cheese, the salt and the pepper to the mixture, and stir.
- Allow the polenta to cool to about room temperature. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate, and press it down lightly and evenly across the bottom and a bit up the sides.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges turn golden.
- As the polenta bakes, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- To a large bowl, add the arugula and roasted red pepper strips along with the dressing. Toss to combine.
- When the polenta is finished baking, remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Mound the arugula mixture into the pie shell, and crumble the remaining goat cheese over the top.
- Cut the pie into slices, and serve immediately.
Serve a slice of savory pie for your next meal.
More gluten-free recipes
Curried shrimp with cauliflower rice
Spicy lemon-pesto pasta with chicken
Zucchini hummus with homemade peppered crackers