No need to pay for takeout. This simple chipotle honey chicken bowl is packed full of fresh vegetables and smoky chipotle-honey-marinated chicken.
Chipotle is my go-to fast food restaurant. I know the food will always taste delicious, and I don't have to worry about the guilt I normally experience after eating fast food. This bowl is very similar to the traditional Chipotle dish, with the exception of an even more flavorful chicken. I made a sweet and smoky chicken marinade that takes this traditional dish to flavor town.
Copycat Chipotle honey chicken bowls recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Unsweetened coconut milk, from a carton
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese (optional)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, chili powder, chipotle chile powder and kosher salt. Add in the chicken, and toss to coat.
- Cover the chicken, and let it marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated, place a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until it is no longer pink. Set it aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the cooked rice, lime zest and cilantro, and set it aside.
- To a small saucepan, add the black beans, and cover them with the coconut milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until the beans are warmed through.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of rice to each plate, and then top with equal amount corn, beans, chicken, salsa and guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
More chicken recipes
Buffalo chicken tater tot casserole
Chicken Parmesan burgers
Chicken Parmesan meatballs