Want to get fancy with your flatbread? This eggplant, pine nut and cherry flatbread is sure to impress any guest.
There are nights when the thought of cooking just completely drains me. Sometimes I'm able to get into the kitchen and throw something together, and other nights it's straight to the phone to call for takeout. This simple flatbread recipe came from an idea my husband had one night. I had a few extra pieces of flatbread hanging around, so he started slicing up vegetables and piling them on the bread with just a dash of cheese. We popped them in the oven and ate them piping hot with a giant side of fresh berries. The bread, cheese, vegetables and fruit all totally worked together. So instead of keeping them separate, I threw it all together. Say hello to your new favorite lunch, dinner and even cocktail party appetizer.
Eggplant, pine nut and cherry flatbread pizza recipe
- 2 (12-inch) pieces flatbread or naan bread (found in the bakery department)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
- 1 baby eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Bing cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush your flatbread with olive oil, and sprinkle on a desired amount of garlic powder.
- Sprinkle each flatbread with 1/4 cup of cheese, and top with slices of eggplant and cherries.
- Top each slice of flatbread with the remaining cheese, 1/4 cup per pizza.
- Place in the oven, bake for about 5 minutes, remove, and top with pine nuts. Place the pizzas back into the oven, and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the bread is crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Enjoy as a meal, or slice into small pieces to serve as an appetizer.
More flatbread pizza recipes
Hawaiian barbecue chicken flatbread pizza
Flatbread with hummus and roasted tomatoes
Balsamic strawberry and goat cheese flatbread pizza