Celebrate Father's Day with this cheesy steak-filled sandwich loaded with tasty homemade guacamole.
What better way to treat Dad to something special this Father's Day than to take control of the grill and serve him a cheesy, guacamole-filled steak sandwich? One bite into this, and you'll be declared the favorite child, hands down.
Cheesy steak and guacamole sandwich recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bread
- Season the steak generously with the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high, and cook the steak until desired doneness. Let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it into 1/2-inch pieces.
- While the steak cooks, make the guacamole by combining the avocado, red onion, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl. Mash together with a fork until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay 4 slices of cheddar on 2 pieces of bread, and toast all 4 slices of bread in a toaster oven or on the grill until the cheese is melted.
- Layer the steak on top of the slices with the cheese, and spoon the guacamole on top. Top with the other piece of bread, and cut in half to serve.
More steak recipes
Caramelized onion, steak and Swiss chard panini
Spicy steak pitzas
Hanger steak with Italian salsa verde