Indulge in an easy-to-make, decadent pie with a flavor combo to drool over.
What could be better as a dessert combo than bananas and caramel? If I've touched onto a tasty topic, then you should give this recipe for easy banoffee pie a go.
Traditional banoffee pie has its origins in England, and for that, we thank our friends from across the pond. However, the process to make banoffee pie can take some time. Typically, sweetened condensed milk is used, cooked into a toffee-flavored mixture.
You can get the great flavors of this pie in less time and with no cooking or baking with this easy banoffee pie recipe. Instead of cooking up the toffee mixture, I used caramel sauce. And if you really want to simplify this recipe, then you can use a prepared graham cracker crust instead of mixing up your own.
This is a decadent dessert you'll go back to again and again.
Easy banoffee pie recipe
Recipe adapted from Woolworths
- 4 ounces digestive biscuits, finely ground in a food processor (you could also use graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 large bananas, sliced into rounds
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Chocolate shavings to garnish the top of the pie
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Pulse the biscuits or crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Add the melted butter, and pulse for a few minutes until incorporated.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides slightly. Refrigerate the crust for about 30 minutes or until it is solid.
- Spread the caramel sauce evenly over the crust. Cover and refrigerate it for another 30 minutes or so.
- Remove the pie from the pan, and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Add the banana slices all around the top of the pie, in the caramel sauce.
- To a medium-size bowl, add the granulated sugar and whipping cream, and use a hand mixer (or a stand mixer) to beat the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes or until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon the whipped topping over the bananas, mostly toward the center of the pie, leaving a few inches of the pie exposed around the edges.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings over the top, slice, and serve.
More dessert recipes
Fruit-filled vegan spring rolls with chocolate sauce
Simply sweet (blue)berry desserts
No-bake cheesecake balls