Whether you like your veggie burgers with a bun or prefer to hold the bread, try this easy-to-make recipe that is big on flavor.
With this Meatless Monday recipe for baked white bean, mushroom and sweet potato burgers, you can easily cross veggie burgers off your grocery list. Seriously. These flavorful burgers are so easy to make (and they freeze well too) that you won't need to pick up the prepackaged option from grocery store.
These burgers include just a handful of ingredients to make them moist and flavorful. Baking them keeps them a bit crispy on the outside. Serve these burgers on slider-size buns, piled high with your favorite toppings.
Baked white bean, mushroom and sweet potato veggie burger recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cannellini beans (white beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and cool to the touch
- 1 cup diced cremini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs, more as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Slider buns (optional)
- Diced tomato, avocado, onion and shredded lettuce for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- To a large bowl, add the beans. Slice the sweet potato in 1/2 horizontally, scoop out the flesh, and add it to the bowl.
- Mash together the beans and sweet potato until almost smooth. I like to keep the mixture slightly lumpy.
- Add the mushrooms and mustard, and mix to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs, thyme, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Use a spoon to combine the mixture.
- If you think you need more breadcrumbs, then add in about 1/4 of a cup more, and stir well.
- Shape the mixture into 4-inch patties about 1-inch thick.
- Place the patties on the baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the patties halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve on slider buns with your favorite burger toppings.
Get these veggie burgers together for a great meal.
More Meatless Monday recipes
Mustardy mac 'n' cheese with peas
Spanish omelet sandwiches
Quinoa, avocado and roasted red pepper hummus wraps