Chicken burgers don't have to be dry and boring. We packed ours full of spicy peppers and seasoning. To balance out that spice, we topped it with sweet grilled pineapple.
I hate how chicken gets a bad wrap. People call it plain or boring, and sadly, most people totally overcook it. I love this sandwich because it's the perfect combination of spiciness, sweetness and just a touch of smoky barbecue sauce. Trust me, if you're looking for a new sandwich in your life, this totally fits the bill.
Spicy barbecue chicken burgers topped with grilled pineapple recipe
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 4 slices pineapple
- 2 crusty rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Barbecue sauce
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, and in a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, chipotle chile powder and kosher salt. Rub the mixture all over the chicken cutlets.
- Heat your grill to medium heat, and add the chicken cutlets, bell pepper slices and pineapple.
- Grill until the chicken is fully cooked, the peppers are slightly soft and the pineapple is just warmed through.
- Slice open your rolls, and add 1/4 cup of lettuce per bun. Top with the chicken cutlets, peppers, pineapple and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
More sandwich recipes
Hawaiian salmon patty burgers
Corned beef grilled cheese sandwiches
Mini muffuletta sandwiches