Memorial Day is all about spending time with the family, backyard barbecuing and sipping on a few cold drinks. These fun and patriotic red, white and blue daiquiris can be boozy for the adults or virgin for the kiddies.
Red, white and blue has moved its way into cocktail territory. I have always loved daiquiris, and every summer when my dad would make them for the adults, he would be sure to make me one that was alcohol free. It was fun sitting there sipping away on the sweet coconut concoction. This one gives you all that coconut flavor but with a burst of strawberry and blueberry. This is a must-make for your Memorial Day party.
Red, white and blue daiquiri recipe
- 1 container piña colada concentrate mix (found near the frozen juice concentrate)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup white rum, replace with water or pineapple juice for alcohol free
- 12 ice cubes
- 5 strawberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 3 drops blue food coloring, optional
- Whipped cream
- To a high-speed blender, add the piña colada mix, rum (or juice) and ice cubes. Mix until pureed.
- Into a large glass, pour in 2/3 of the mixture. To the mixture remaining in the pitcher, add the strawberries. Blend until combined.
- Into 4 glasses, pour equal amounts of the strawberry mixture. Top with equal amounts of the white mixture, making sure to not use it all, as you need the last 1/3 to make your blue.
- Add the remaining plain white mixture back to your blender, and add in the blueberries and a few drops of blue food coloring.
- Blend until combined, and carefully pour into your glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, and enjoy.
Note: You do not have to add blue food coloring, but the mixture will turn out more purple than blue without it.
More drink recipes
Iced Irish coffee
3 Mardi Gras cocktails
Boozy peppermint eggnog latte